Beginning with Lewis W. Schroeder, our law firm has been serving its clients and the Marshall community since 1921. Representing families and businesses in all of their legal matters, Schroeder DeGraw, PLLC offers its clients big city capabilities in a small town atmosphere.
Areas of Practice
Small town atmosphere. Big city results.
- Business: organizing and advising corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships.
- Creditor/Debtor matters: chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings, creditor representation/debt collection.
- Contracts: construction, health care, banking, and other commercial contracts.
- Civil Litigation.
- Criminal Defense: traffic matters, drunk driving, misdemeanors, and felonies.
- Estate Administration: probate and trust administration, guardianship and conservatorship administration.
- Estate Planning: conventional and unconventional planning including wills, trusts, powers of attorney for financial matters and powers of attorney for health care, and Medicaid planning.
- Family law: including divorce, property division, custody, parenting time, child support and premarital agreements, post judgment issues, adoption, and juvenile matters.
- Municipal law: zoning, planning, representation of individuals, private property owners, townships, and municipal corporations in municipal matters.
- Personal Injury: serious injuries arising out of automobile accidents; toxic exposure injuries resulting from exposure to viruses, bacteria, or chemicals in food or chemical exposure resulting from chemical releases or spills.
- Real Estate: deeds, real estate sales and closings; oil and gas leases, land contracts, mortgages, commercial and residential leases, and landlord-tenant matters.
- Tax preparation: individual, trust, estate, nonprofit and for profit entities, procuring tax exempt status for nonprofit entities [501(c) status].